Dr. Jonathan Wilhelm, DC, MS, CCSP, CCEP, CSCS, ICSC
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician
- Certified Chiropractic Extremities Practitioner
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Whiplash and Brain Injury Trauma Advanced Certified
- USA Bobsled Skeleton Team Sports Chiropractor
- Master’s Degree – Sports Science and Rehabilitation
- International Chiropractic Sports Science Diploma
- Director – American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians
- American Chiropractic Association
- American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians
- ACA Sports Council
- International Federation of Sports Chiropractic – FICS
- Montana Chiropractic Association
Dr. Jonathan Wilhelm was born in Circle, Montana and moved to Bozeman, Montana at age 3 and has called the Gallatin Valley home since. He attended Montana State University in the Pre-Med program, where he fell in love his wife, April, and with the idea of Chiropractic. He went on to study at Life University’s College of Chiropractic in Atlanta, GA, and completed his chiropractic training and internships at Logan College of Chiropractic in St. Louis, MO. Dr. Wilhelm achieved his Chiropractic Doctorate degree in 2004, after graduating in the top of his class and achieving special recognitions for exemplary clinical performance and academic excellence.
Dr. Wilhelm back home to Bozeman, Montana and realized his dream of opening Pro Chiropractic Belgrade in 2004. He expanded into a second rehabilitation and specialized non-surgical spinal decompression clinic, Big Sky Spinal Care Center, now Pro Physio, in 2006. In 2012, the second Pro Chiropractic location opened in Manhattan, MT and in 2015, a third location Pro Chiropractic Bozeman, located in the beautiful Gallatin Valley in Southwest Montana
Pro Chiropractic founder and lead physician, Dr. Wilhelm, is a certified chiropractic sports physician (CCSP®) and holds a Master’s Degree in Sports Science and Rehabilitation. Additionally, he is a Certified Strength and Conitioning Specialist (CSCS), the only sports chiropractor in Montana with this unique combination. His sports medicine treatments are designed to give athletes, of any age and skill, an edge on competition performance and injury recovery. Dr. Wilhelm is a Montana State University partner team physician, and is expanding his experience nationally and internationally with USA Bobsled Skeleton, the International Federation of Sports Chiropractic (FICS), American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians, and American Chiropractic Association Sports Council.
He combines specific chiropractic adjustments to realign and provide mobility to the spine and extremities, with cutting edge sports medicine approaches including Graston IASTM Therapy, Dry Needling Therapy, SPRT functional taping, Kinesiology and Dynamic taping, Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA), Fascial Manipulation and specific functional rehabilitative exercises including Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization to help athletes achieve.
Dr. Wilhelm is constantly working to improve his clinical knowledge, patient care, and education. On average, he attends over 5 times the continuing education required by the State of Montana each year. He has proudly brought the new science of Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression to the state, having opened the first clinic in Montana offering this amazing new treatment for severe disc herniation and spinal stenosis back pain patients.
He has ranked as a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP) by the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians. His specialized training also includes Certified Chiropractic Extremities Practitioner (CCEP), Advanced Graston Technique Provider, Fascial Manipulation, Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA), and Whiplash and Spinal Trauma Advanced Certification (see more info on all below). Additionally, he completed his Master’s Degree (MS) in Sports Science and Rehabilitation and International Chiropractic Sports Science Certificate (ICSC) in 2012, making him the qualified sports medicine chiropractor in SW Montana.
Dr. Jon believes strongly that improving his education will result in a better cared for and more satisfied patient. In short, he does this to better serve YOU!
Dr. Jon and his wife, April, have two children, Trevor and Amra. He enjoys local and international hunting, hiking, Bikram Yoga, trail running, crossfit, basketball and spending time with his family. You won’t find a friendlier and more compassionate Chiropractor. He has a real passion for the true principles of Chiropractic care and for helping people.
Elite Athlete Service
Dr. Wilhelm is proud to have been selected to serve our country’s finest athletes at the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs and Lake Placid as a volunteer medical provider on multiple occasions. Through the U.S. Olympic Committee Sports Medicine volunteer program, full-time USOC staff members work with volunteers to provide integrative, collaborative, multi-disciplinary care to the athletes. These services support U.S. Olympian and Paralympians in achieving sustained competitive excellence. Only the most highly trained and skilled medical professionals, possessing a unique combination of clinical skills, compassion, and personality are chosen to serve our athletes at this level. Dr. Wilhelm currently travels and works on invite with the National Team of USA Bobsled Skeleton, USA Gymnastics, and USA Track & Field. He is honored to have been selected to provide sports chiropractic services at numerous events, including USA National Team Trials, IBSF World Cup Competitions, and IBSF Bobsled Skeleton World Championships, USA Gymnastics National Championships, FIG Gymnastics World Championships, USATF National Championships, and more.
In addition to his work with Team USA, Dr. Wilhelm consults and works with international professional and Olympic athletes providing sports chiropractic and performance therapy services.
- US Olympic Training Center Volunteer Rotation 2013, 2014, 2015
- 2014 Dave Schultz Memorial International Wrestling Tournament
- 2015 Dave Schultz Memorial International Wrestling Tournament
- 2015 World Sport Games – Lignanao, Italy
- 2017 World Games – Wroclaw, Poland
- USA Bobsled and Skeleton Federation World Cup Circuit Team Performance Medical
- 2013 Park City, Utah USA
- 2013 Calgary, Canada
- 2015 Altenberg, Germany
- 2016 US National Team Trials – Lake Placid
- 2016 Lake Placid, NY, USA
- 2016 Konigssee, Germany
- 2016 US National Team Trials – Park City
- 2016 Whistler, BC Canada
- 2017 St. Moritz, Switzerland
- 2017 Konigssee, Germany
- 2017 Innsbruck, Austria
- 2017 Konigssee, Germany – IBSF World Championships
- 2017 Pyeongchang, South Korea
Training and Certification
- Diplomat of the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (DC)
- Masters Degree – Sports Science and Rehabilitation (MS)
- International Chiropractic Sports Certificate (ICSC)
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP®)
- Certified Chiropractic Extremity Practitioner (CCEP)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Certified KinesioTaping Practitioner (CKTP)
- Certified Advanced Graston Technique Provider
- Fascial Manipulation – Advanced Training
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehab (FAKTR)
- MSK Ultrasound Training
- Kineticore Functional Dry Needling Certified
- Master Dry Needling Certified
- Certified in Whiplash and Spinal Trauma
- Certified in Advanced Whiplash Trauma
- Certified Spinal Decompression Professional
This practice is so much more then the average chiropractic office. The staff are extremely kind and helpful. Dr. Wilhelm has changed my life with the care he’s provided me after a serious injury. I’m amazed by his knowledge and ability to diagnose and treat injuries as well as, chronic pain. He takes a holistic approach that encompasses the entire body, vs. just the spine, neck & back (which is what most chiropractors do). Beyond a chiropractor Dr. Wilhelm’s knowledge and experience in treating world class, Olympic athletes speaks to his skill and expertise in Sports Medicine. His humility to top it off is just the cherry on top!! I would recommend this establishment, and especially Dr. Wilhelm for many physical needs beyond just chiropractic care!! Thanks Pro Chiro!!Emily L.