PEMF (PULSED ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD) THERAPY
PEMF, is a reparative technique used at Pro Chiropractic in our Gallatin Valley Chiropractic Clinics to treat acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries including:
- Hip Joint Impingement (Femoral Acetabular Impingement)
- AC Joint Sprain
- MCL / LCL Sprains
- Chondromalacia Patella
- Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome (Shin Splints)
- Stress Fractures
- Bicipital Tendonitis / Tendonosis
- Achilles Tendonitis / Tendonosis
- Spinal Joint Sprain / Strain Complex
- Whiplash Associated Disorder
PEMF is FDA approved for the treatment of non-union fractures and failed fusions. In the case of tissue and bone healing, PEMF uses directed pulsed magnetic fields through injured tissue which is believed to stimulate cellular repair.
PEMF Therapy may:
- Reduce pain, inflammation, the effects of stress on the body, and platelet adhesion.
- Improve energy, circulation, blood and tissue oxygenation, sleep quality, blood pressure and cholesterol levels, the uptake of nutrients, cellular detoxification and the ability to regenerate cells.
- Balance the immune system and stimulate RNA and DNA.
- Accelerate repair of bone and soft tissue.
- Relax muscles.