Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF), is a reparative technique used at Pro Chiropractic in our Gallatin Valley Chiropractic Clinics to treat acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries.
PEMF is FDA approved for the treatment of non-union fractures and failed fusions. In the case of tissue and bone healing, PEMF uses directed pulsed magnetic fields through injured tissue which is believed to stimulate cellular repair. Injuries might include:
- Hip Joint Impingement (Femoral
- Acetabular Impingement)
- AC Joint Sprain
- MCL / LCL Sprains
- Chondromalacia Patella
- Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome (Shin Splints)
- Stress Fractures
- Bicipital Tendonitis / Tendonosis
- Achilles Tendonitis / Tendonosis
- Spinal Joint Sprain / Strain Complex
- Whiplash Associated Disorder
PEMF Therapy Benefits
- Reduce pain, inflammation, the effects of stress on the body, and platelet adhesion.
- Improve energy, circulation, blood and tissue oxygenation, sleep quality, blood pressure and cholesterol levels, the uptake of nutrients, cellular detoxification and the ability to regenerate cells.
- Balance the immune system and stimulate RNA and DNA.
- Accelerate repair of bone and soft tissue.
- Relax muscles.
Frequently Asked Questions About PEMF Therapy
What does PEMF Therapy do?
By inducing a mild electrical magnetic current into damaged cells, PEMF therapy slows or stops the release of pain and inflammatory mediators, increases blood flow of the cells, and re-establishes normal cellular interactions. With reduced inflammation, pain decreases, energy increases, and faster tissue healing occurs.
What do you use PEMF for?
PEMF Therapy is FDA approved to accelerate fracture healing, and we use it for fractures, stress fractures, stress responses and the like. But because it can accelerate healing in tissues, we use it on all types of injured tissues; ligament tears, muscle strains, and joint capsule injuries are just a few of the conditions we treat at Pro Chiropractic with PEMF
Does PEMF really work?
We say try it and see! This is one treatment approach you can relay feel working! PEMF is cost-effective, simple to use, and patients love how they feel after PEMF.
Your Bozeman Family Chiropractors
Your First Visit
Our staff and your personal family chiropractor will explain how chiropractic care works, and answer any questions you might have. After a thorough evaluation, we will customize a treatment plan that’s the best fit for your family member’s condition, goals, preferences, and lifestyle.